Our Simpactful furry friends are in the spirit this National Pet Day and the partners are, too! As pet ownership continues to rise around the world, investment is flowing into the Pet category. Simpactful works actively in this space with our team of experienced Retail and Brand category practitioners helping brands improve their channel strategies, revenue growth management strategies and tactics, omnichannel shopping and fulfillment solutions, and programmatic media efficiency. We expect to see the category grow with the continued influx of investment and start-up activity. Here are just a few start-up product and service companies that caught our attention:
- GroommaticTM Automatic Cat Brush: This ingenious, motion-triggered cat-brushing device was developed by a team of German engineers and can be mounted anywhere. The founders claim it will reduce cat hair and parasites. Apparently, we are not the only ones who love the idea because it beat the Kickstarter goal in 2022.
- Go Doggo Dog-Friendly City App: Hit the ground running with your favorite furry friend! The GoDoggo is an app that helps you and your dog discover dog-friendly restaurants, coffee shops, and more with this easy-to-use app. GoDoggo also offers Club Member benefits program, which lets users earn gift cards.
- Butternut Box: Founded in 2016, Butternut Box offers custom, grain-free, human-grade dog food with free delivery in the U.K. London-based founders Kevin Glynn and Dave Nolan raised an estimated £20 million in 2020 in a round led by L Catterton, which has also invested in Bliss, Birkenstock, Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza & Wings, and other companies.
- FluentPet: Wondering what your pet is thinking? Those days may soon be a thing of the past! This California-based start-up was founded in 2020 and is mainly known for their dog-talking buttons. These buttons and videos that showcase pets learning to communicate have helped the start-up go viral on social media. The hashtag #fluentpet has over 550 million views on TikTok. FluentPet won the 2022 TITAN Business Award for their pet communication system.
- MaxBone.Com: Feeling like your pooch is under-dressed for the dog park? Head straight to MaxBone.com. Maxbone is an upscale product manufacturer reimagining the pet industry from food to hair. Their goal is to combine fashion, culture, beauty, and health trends to create for functional pet products with aesthetic appeal. Collabs that have garnered media attention from the likes of Goop, the New York Times and Fortune have included Fred Segal, Sub Zero and Christian Cowan.
These are just a few examples of the many innovative brands and retailers poised to transform the Pet industry as it continues to scale behind growing pet ownership globally. Simpactful’s team of Brand and Retail practitioners could not be more excited.
Collectively, we have worked across the Pet industry at Retailers and Brands alike. We have managed key challenges from scaling profitably on Amazon.com and expanding Retail distribution to successful mergers and acquisitions, and managing the Pet Department at both specialty and national retailers. We (and our furry friends) would love to help you, too!
Interested in learning more? Contact the team today at email@example.com or 925-234-6394. Visit www.Simpactful.com